◀Scripture Engagement/ Hand Copying Scripture Practice Tips
Hand Copying Scripture Practice Tips
- Identify a passage that you would like to interact with or spend time memorizing.
- Commit to writing out a whole book of the Bible instead of isolated sections, especially of narrative style books. This will help you view the book as a whole, understanding its complete message in context.
- Pick a specific notebook which will be dedicated to your hand copying.
- Find a quiet place that allows you to focus on what you’re writing.
- Quiet your thoughts by praying for the Holy Spirit to reveal his truth to you in the passage and help you focus.
- Begin writing slowly, focusing on each word and what it means in the immediate and broader contexts.
- Take your time as you write. The goal is not to finish writing out the passage but to spend time in God’s Word, to spend time with God. Savor the process as you would an important letter that you just received.