New American Standard Bible
7 “I will surely tell of the [b]decree of the Lord:
He said to Me, ‘You are (C)My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8 ‘Ask of Me, and (D)I will surely give (E)the [c]nations as Your inheritance,
And the very (F)ends of the earth as Your possession.
9 ‘You shall [d](G)break them with a [e]rod of iron,
You shall (H)shatter them like [f]earthenware.’”
10 Now therefore, O kings, (I)show discernment;
Take warning, O [g]judges of the earth.
11 [h]Worship the Lord with [i](J)reverence
And rejoice with (K)trembling.
12 [j]Do homage to (L)the Son, that He not become angry, and you perish in the way,
For (M)His wrath may [k]soon be kindled.
How blessed are all who (N)take refuge in Him!
- Psalm 2:6 Or consecrated
- Psalm 2:7 Or decree: The Lord said to Me
- Psalm 2:8 Or Gentiles
- Psalm 2:9 Another reading is rule
- Psalm 2:9 Or scepter or staff
- Psalm 2:9 Lit potter’s ware
- Psalm 2:10 Or leaders
- Psalm 2:11 Or Serve
- Psalm 2:11 Or fear
- Psalm 2:12 Lit Kiss; some ancient versions read Do homage purely, or, Lay hold of instruction
- Psalm 2:12 Or quickly, suddenly, easily