Lexham English Bible
Trust in the Salvation of Yahweh
For the music director. A psalm of David.[a]
13 How long, O Yahweh? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I take counsel[b] in my soul,
and sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long will my enemy be exalted over me?
3 Consider[c] and answer me, O Yahweh my God.
Give light to my eyes
lest I sleep the sleep of death,
4 and lest my enemy should say, “I have overcome him,”
lest my enemies rejoice because I am shaken.
5 But as for me, I have trusted in your steadfast love.[d]
My heart will rejoice in your deliverance.
6 [e] I will sing to Yahweh
because he has dealt bountifully with me.
- Psalm 13:1 The Hebrew Bible counts the superscription as the first verse of the psalm; the English verse number is reduced by one
- Psalm 13:2 Hebrew pl.; with a slight modification of the Hebrew this reads “set pains”
- Psalm 13:3 Literally “Look”
- Psalm 13:5 Or, “loyal love”
- Psalm 13:6 In the Hebrew Bible, the previous verse continues