New King James Version
The Sons of Seir
20 (A)These were the sons of Seir (B)the Horite who inhabited the land: Lotan, Shobal, Zibeon, Anah, 21 Dishon, Ezer, and Dishan. These were the chiefs of the Horites, the sons of Seir, in the land of Edom.
22 And the sons of Lotan were Hori and [a]Hemam. Lotan’s sister was Timna.
24 These were the sons of Zibeon: both Ajah and Anah. This was the Anah who found the [d]water in the wilderness as he pastured (C)the donkeys of his father Zibeon. 25 These were the children of Anah: Dishon and [e]Aholibamah the daughter of Anah.
29 These were the chiefs of the Horites: Chief Lotan, Chief Shobal, Chief Zibeon, Chief Anah, 30 Chief Dishon, Chief Ezer, and Chief Dishan. These were the chiefs of the Horites, according to their chiefs in the land of Seir.Read full chapter
- Genesis 36:22 Homam, 1 Chr. 1:39
- Genesis 36:23 Alian, 1 Chr. 1:40
- Genesis 36:23 Shephi, 1 Chr. 1:40
- Genesis 36:24 So with MT, Vg. (hot springs); LXX Jamin; Tg. mighty men; Talmud mules
- Genesis 36:25 Or Oholibamah
- Genesis 36:26 Heb. Dishan
- Genesis 36:26 Hamran, 1 Chr. 1:41
- Genesis 36:27 Jaakan, 1 Chr. 1:42