1599 Geneva Bible
11 Take even silver, and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the [a]head of Joshua, the son of Jehozadak the high Priest,
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, and saith, Behold, the man whose name is the [b]Branch, and he shall grow [c]up out of his place, and he shall [d]build the Temple of the Lord.
13 Even he shall build the Temple of the Lord, and he shall bear the [e]glory, and shall sit and rule upon his throne, and he shall be a Priest upon his throne, and the counsel of peace shall be between [f]them both.Read full chapter
- Zechariah 6:11 Because this could not be attributed to anyone according to the Law, therefore it followeth that Joshua must represent the Messiah, who was both Priest and king.
- Zechariah 6:12 Meaning, Christ, of whom Joshua was the figure: for in Greek they were both called Jesus.
- Zechariah 6:12 That is, of himself without the help of man.
- Zechariah 6:12 Which declareth, that none could build this Temple whereof Haggai speaketh, but only Christ: and therefore it was spiritual, and not material, Hag. 2:10.
- Zechariah 6:13 Whereof Joshua had but a shadow.
- Zechariah 6:13 The two offices of the kingdom, and Priesthood shall be so joined together, that they shall be no more dissevered.