1599 Geneva Bible
10 Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, and of Tobijah, and Jedaiah, which are come from Babel, and come thou the same day, and go unto the house of [a]Josiah, the son of Zephaniah.
11 Take even silver, and gold, and make crowns, and set them upon the [b]head of Joshua, the son of Jehozadak the high Priest,
12 And speak unto him, saying, Thus speaketh the Lord of hosts, and saith, Behold, the man whose name is the [c]Branch, and he shall grow [d]up out of his place, and he shall [e]build the Temple of the Lord.Read full chapter
- Zechariah 6:10 To receive of him and the other three, money to make the two crowns: which were men of great authority among the Jews, and doubted of the restitution of the kingdom, and of the Priesthood, and hurt others by their example.
- Zechariah 6:11 Because this could not be attributed to anyone according to the Law, therefore it followeth that Joshua must represent the Messiah, who was both Priest and king.
- Zechariah 6:12 Meaning, Christ, of whom Joshua was the figure: for in Greek they were both called Jesus.
- Zechariah 6:12 That is, of himself without the help of man.
- Zechariah 6:12 Which declareth, that none could build this Temple whereof Haggai speaketh, but only Christ: and therefore it was spiritual, and not material, Hag. 2:10.