Song of Solomon 6
Holman Christian Standard Bible
6 Y Where has your love gone,
most beautiful of women?
Which way has he[a] turned?
We will seek him with you.
4 M You are as beautiful as Tirzah,[b] my darling,
lovely as Jerusalem,
awe-inspiring as an army with banners.(F)
5 Turn your eyes away from me,
for they captivate me.(G)
Your hair is like a flock of goats
streaming down from Gilead.(H)
6 Your teeth are like a flock of ewes
coming up from washing,
each one having a twin,
and not one missing.[c](I)
7 Behind your veil,(J)
your brow[d] is like a slice of pomegranate.
8 There are 60 queens
and 80 concubines(K)
and young women[e] without number.
9 But my dove,(L) my virtuous one, is unique;(M)
she is the favorite of her mother,
perfect to the one who gave her birth.
Women see her and declare her fortunate;(N)
queens and concubines also, and they sing her praises:
11 W I came down to the walnut grove
to see the blossoms of the valley,
to see if the vines were budding(Q)
and the pomegranates blooming.
12 Before I knew it,
my desire put me
among the chariots of my noble people.[h]
- Song of Solomon 6:1 Lit your love
- Song of Solomon 6:4 = a mountain city in Manasseh
- Song of Solomon 6:6 Lit and no one bereaved among them
- Song of Solomon 6:7 Or temple, or cheek, or lips
- Song of Solomon 6:8 Or and virgins; Sg 1:3
- Song of Solomon 6:10 Some see v. 10 as spoken by M.
- Song of Solomon 6:10 In Hb, the word for “this” is feminine.
- Song of Solomon 6:12 Or of Amminadib, or of my people of a prince; Hb obscure
- Song of Solomon 6:13 Sg 7:1 in Hb
- Song of Solomon 6:13 Or the peaceable one
- Song of Solomon 6:13 Perhaps an inhabitant of the town of Shunem, or a feminine form of Solomon’s name
- Song of Solomon 6:13 Or dance of Mahanaim