International Standard Version
To the Director: A Davidic Song.[a]
Confident Trust in God
11 I take refuge in the Lord.
So how can you say to me,
“Flee like a bird to the mountains.”?
2 Look, the wicked have bent their bow
and placed their arrow[b] on the string,[c]
to shoot from the darkness[d] at the upright in heart.
3 When the foundations are destroyed,
what can the righteous do?
4 The Lord is in his holy Temple;
the Lord’s throne is in the heavens.
His eyes see,
his glance[e] examines humanity.[f]
5 The Lord examines the righteous,
but the wicked and those who love violence, he hates.
6 He rains on the wicked burning coals and sulfur;
a scorching wind is their destiny.[g]
7 Indeed, the Lord is righteous;
he loves righteousness;
the upright will see him face-to-face.
- Psalm 11:1 The Heb. lacks A song
- Psalm 11:2 So MT DSS 5/6HevPs; DSS 4QCatena A LXX read arrows
- Psalm 11:2 So MT; LXX reads arrows for the quiver
- Psalm 11:2 So MT DSS; LXX reads shoot on a moonless night
- Psalm 11:4 Lit. eyelids
- Psalm 11:4 Lit. examines the children of men
- Psalm 11:6 Lit. the portion of their cup