New English Translation
14 The Lord’s loyal followers receive his guidance,[a]
and he reveals his covenantal demands to them.[b]
15 I continually look to the Lord for help,[c]
for he will free my feet from the enemy’s net.[d]
16 Turn toward me and have mercy on me,
for I am alone[e] and oppressed.
- Psalm 25:14 tn Heb “the advice of the Lord belongs to those who fear him.”
- Psalm 25:14 tn Heb “and his covenant, to make them know.”
- Psalm 25:15 tn Heb “my eyes continually [are] toward the Lord.”
- Psalm 25:15 tn Heb “for he will bring out from a net my feet.” The hostility of the psalmist’s enemies is probably in view (see v. 19).
- Psalm 25:16 tn That is, helpless and vulnerable.