New English Translation
13 They experience his favor;[a]
their descendants[b] inherit the land.[c]
14 The Lord’s loyal followers receive his guidance,[d]
and he reveals his covenantal demands to them.[e]
15 I continually look to the Lord for help,[f]
for he will free my feet from the enemy’s net.[g]
- Psalm 25:13 tn Heb “his life in goodness dwells.” The singular is representative (see v. 14).
- Psalm 25:13 tn Or “offspring”; Heb “seed.”
- Psalm 25:13 tn Or “earth.”
- Psalm 25:14 tn Heb “the advice of the Lord belongs to those who fear him.”
- Psalm 25:14 tn Heb “and his covenant, to make them know.”
- Psalm 25:15 tn Heb “my eyes continually [are] toward the Lord.”
- Psalm 25:15 tn Heb “for he will bring out from a net my feet.” The hostility of the psalmist’s enemies is probably in view (see v. 19).