New English Translation
12 As far as the eastern horizon[a] is from the west,[b]
so he removes the guilt of our rebellious actions[c] from us.
13 As a father has compassion on his children,[d]
so the Lord has compassion on his faithful followers.[e]
14 For he knows what we are made of;[f]
he realizes[g] we are made of clay.[h]
- Psalm 103:12 tn Heb “sunrise.”
- Psalm 103:12 tn Or “sunset.”
- Psalm 103:12 tn The Hebrew term פֶּשַׁע (peshaʿ, rebellious act”) is here used metonymically for the guilt such actions produce.
- Psalm 103:13 tn Or “sons,” but the Hebrew term sometimes refers to children in general.
- Psalm 103:13 tn Heb “those who fear him.”
- Psalm 103:14 tn Heb “our form.”
- Psalm 103:14 tn Heb “remembers.”
- Psalm 103:14 tn Heb “we [are] clay.”