Good News Translation
14 all the while planning evil in their perverted minds, stirring up trouble everywhere. 15 Because of this, disaster will strike them without warning, and they will be fatally wounded.
16-19 There are seven things that the Lord hates and cannot tolerate:
- A proud look,
- a lying tongue,
- hands that kill innocent people,
- a mind that thinks up wicked plans,
- feet that hurry off to do evil,
- a witness who tells one lie after another,
- and someone who stirs up trouble among friends.
New International Version
King James Version
14 Frowardness is in his heart, he deviseth mischief continually; he soweth discord.
15 Therefore shall his calamity come suddenly; suddenly shall he be broken without remedy.
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:Read full chapter