Disciples’ Literal New Testament
Fill Up My Joy By Being United In Love And Humility
2 If then there is any encouragement in Christ, if any consolation of [a] love, if any fellowship[b] of the Spirit, if any deep-feelings and compassions, 2 fill-up my joy, which is that you be thinking the same thing[c], having the same love, united-in-spirit, thinking[d] the one thing, 3 doing nothing based-on selfish-interest nor based on conceit, but with humble-mindedness regarding one another as surpassing[e] yourselves; 4 not each looking-out-for your own things, but also each the things of others.
Think And Behave Like Christ Did
5 Be thinking[f] this in you, which also was in Christ Jesus— 6 Who, while[g] being[h] in the form[i] of God, did not regard the being equal with God a thing-to-be-grasped[j], 7 but emptied Himself, having taken the form of a slave, having come[k] in the likeness[l] of humans[m]. And having been found as a man in outward-appearance, 8 He humbled Himself, having become obedient to the point of death— and a death of a cross! 9 Therefore God also highly-exalted Him, and granted Him the name above every name 10 in-order-that every knee should bow at the name of Jesus— of heavenly ones and earthly ones and ones under-the-earth— 11 and every tongue should confess-out[n] that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Work Out Your Salvation As Shining Lights In The World, Holding Out The Word of Life
12 So then my beloved, just as you always obeyed— not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence— be working-out your salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For God[o] is the One working in you both the wanting[p] and the working, for His good-pleasure. 14 Be doing all things without grumblings and arguments 15 in-order-that you may become[q] blameless[r] and innocent, children of God without-blemish amidst a crooked and perverted generation, among whom you are shining[s] as lights[t] in the world, 16 holding-out[u] the word of life— for a boast for me in the day of Christ that I did not run in vain nor labor in vain!
But Let Us Rejoice Together No Matter What Happens To Me
17 But if I even am being poured-out[v] upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am rejoicing [over it], and rejoicing-with you all. 18 And you also be rejoicing the same way, and be rejoicing-with me.
I Am Hoping To Send Timothy To You, And To Come Soon Myself
19 Now I am hoping in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon in order that I also may be cheered, having come-to-know the things concerning you. 20 For I have no one likeminded who will genuinely be concerned-about the things concerning you. 21 For the ones all are seeking their own things, not the things of Jesus Christ. 22 But you know his approvedness, because he served with me for the good-news as a child with a father. 23 So indeed I am hoping to send this one at-once, whenever I see the things with-respect-to me. 24 And I am confident in the Lord that I myself also will come soon.
I Sent Back Epaphroditus, Your Precious Servant To My Need. Rejoice In Him
25 But I regarded it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus— my brother and fellow-worker and fellow-soldier, and your delegate[w] and minister of my need— 26 because he was yearning-for you all, and was being distressed because you heard that he was sick. 27 For indeed he was sick nearly to death. But God had-mercy-on him— and not him only, but also me, in order that I should not have grief upon grief. 28 Therefore I sent him more-eagerly, in order that having seen him again you may rejoice, and I may be less-grieved. 29 So receive him in the Lord with all joy, and be holding such ones precious, 30 because he drew-near to the point of death for the sake of the work of Christ— having risked his life in order that he might fill-up your lack[x] of service to me.
- Philippians 2:1 That is, proceeding from, originating in.
- Philippians 2:1 Or, partnership of spirit. Or, participation in the Spirit.
- Philippians 2:2 That is, be likeminded.
- Philippians 2:2 Or, being intent on the one thing.
- Philippians 2:3 Or, being superior to, being better than.
- Philippians 2:5 Or, having this mind.
- Philippians 2:6 Or, although.
- Philippians 2:6 Or, existing.
- Philippians 2:6 Or, shape, appearance.
- Philippians 2:6 Or, a treasure-to-be-hoarded. Or in another sense, a robbery, a usurpation.
- Philippians 2:7 Or, having come-into-being, in the sense of having been born.
- Philippians 2:7 Or, outward appearance.
- Philippians 2:7 Or, mankind, people.
- Philippians 2:11 Or, openly-acknowledge.
- Philippians 2:13 Or, For the One working in you is God— both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
- Philippians 2:13 Or, willing, desiring.
- Philippians 2:15 Or, prove-to-be.
- Philippians 2:15 Or, without fault, without guilt.
- Philippians 2:15 Or, appearing, visible.
- Philippians 2:15 Or, luminaries, light-givers.
- Philippians 2:16 Or, holding forth, presenting; or, holding on to.
- Philippians 2:17 That is, as a sacrificial offering.
- Philippians 2:25 Or, representative, official-messenger, apostle.
- Philippians 2:30 Or, shortcoming, deficiency.