Disciples’ Literal New Testament
Finally, Rejoice In The Lord
3 Finally, my brothers, be rejoicing in the Lord. To be writing the same things to you is not troublesome for me, and is safe for you—
Watch Out For The False Circumcision
2 Be watching-out-for the dogs[a], be watching out for the evil workers, be watching out for the mutilation[b]. 3 For we are the circumcision, the ones worshiping in the Spirit of God and boasting in Christ Jesus and not putting-confidence in the flesh— 4 though myself having confidence even in the flesh!
If Anyone Can Put Confidence In The Flesh, I More
If any other person thinks that he may put-confidence in the flesh, I more— 5 in circumcision the eighth day; from the nation of Israel, the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew from Hebrews; in relation to the Law— a Pharisee; 6 in relation to zeal— persecuting the church; in relation to the righteousness in the Law— having been blameless[c].
But I Count All Such Things As Loss That I May Know Christ And His Power
7 But what things were gains to me, these I have regarded to be a loss for the sake of Christ. 8 But more than that, I am indeed regarding all things to be a loss for the sake of the surpassing greatness of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for the sake of Whom I suffered-loss-of all things and am regarding them as garbage in order that I might gain Christ 9 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness from the Law but the one through faith[d] in Christ, the righteousness from God on the basis of faith— 10 that I might know Him and the power of His resurrection and the partnership[e] of His sufferings, being conformed to His death 11 if somehow[f] I might attain to [the power of] the resurrection-out from the dead.
Brothers, I Am Forgetting The Past And Pressing On Toward The True Prize
12 Not that I already obtained it or have already been made-perfect[g], but I am pressing-on to see if I may indeed take-hold-of [h] that for which also I was taken hold of by Christ Jesus. 13 Brothers, I do not consider myself to have taken hold, but one thing I do: forgetting the things behind and stretching-toward the things ahead, 14 I am pressing-on toward the goal for the prize of the upward[i] calling from God in Christ Jesus.
All Who Claim To Be Mature: Think This Same Way. Imitate Me
15 Therefore, all who are mature— let us be thinking[j] this. And if you are thinking anything differently, God will reveal this also to you. 16 Nevertheless, to what thinking we attained, by the same let us be walking-in-line. 17 Be fellow-imitators of me, brothers, and be watching the ones walking in this manner, just as you have us as a pattern.
For There Are Many Enemies of The Cross. They Focus On Earthly Things
18 For many walk as to whom I was often saying to you, and now even weeping say, they are the enemies of the cross of Christ— 19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their stomach and glory is in their shame— the ones thinking[k] the earthly things.
And Our Citizenship Is In Heaven
20 For our place-of-citizenship is in the heavens, from where also we are eagerly-awaiting the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 Who will transform the body of our lowliness[l] so as to be similar-in-form[m] to the body of His glory, according-to the working that enables Him also to subject all things to Himself.
- Philippians 3:2 All three descriptions here refer to the Judaizers.
- Philippians 3:2 Paul harshly refers to the Judaizers with this word instead of the related word they use of themselves, the ‘circumcision’.
- Philippians 3:6 Or, without fault, without guilt (from the Jewish point of view).
- Philippians 3:9 Or, through the faithfulness of Christ.
- Philippians 3:10 Or sharing of, participation in.
- Philippians 3:11 Or, if perhaps.
- Philippians 3:12 Or, reached the goal, been made complete.
- Philippians 3:12 Or, take hold, because I also was taken.
- Philippians 3:14 That is, consisting of the upward calling from God; or, belonging to my calling from above by God.
- Philippians 3:15 Or, having this mind.
- Philippians 3:19 Or, setting their minds on.
- Philippians 3:21 Or, humble condition.
- Philippians 3:21 Or, like-in-appearance.