‘And forgive us our [a]debts, as we have forgiven our debtors [letting go of both the wrong and the resentment].
‘And do not [b]lead us into temptation, but deliver us from [c]evil. [d][For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.]’(A)
14 For if you forgive [e]others their trespasses [their reckless and willful sins], your heavenly Father will also forgive you.Read full chapter
- Matthew 6:12 I.e. sins, moral failures.
- Matthew 6:13 I.e. lead us away from situations where we are vulnerable and have the opportunity to sin. God does not tempt man (see James 1:13) but does allow man to be tested.
- Matthew 6:13 Or the evil one.
- Matthew 6:13 This clause is not found in early mss.
- Matthew 6:14 Gr anthropoi.