Disciples’ Literal New Testament
16 In this manner, let your light shine in front of people so that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in the heavens.
I Came To Fulfill The Law. Your Righteousness Must Abound More Than The Pharisees
17 “Do not think that I came to abolish[a] the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to abolish, but to fulfill[b]. 18 For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, one iota[c] or one stroke[d] will by no means pass away from the Law until all things take-place[e].Read full chapter
- Matthew 5:17 Or, destroy, do away with, annul.
- Matthew 5:17 Or, complete, finish. That is, to perfectly fulfill the Law’s requirements; or, to fill out its true meaning and intent in His teaching; or, to bring it to its completion and conclusion in His death.
- Matthew 5:18 That is, the smallest letter, like our i.
- Matthew 5:18 That is, the single stoke that distinguishes one letter from another, like an E from an F, or a Q from an O.
- Matthew 5:18 Or, happen, come about.