New English Translation
5 Threshing season will extend for you until the season for harvesting grapes,[a] and the season for harvesting grapes will extend until sowing season, so[b] you will eat your bread until you are satisfied,[c] and you will live securely in your land. 6 I will grant peace in the land so that[d] you will lie down to sleep without anyone terrifying you.[e] I will remove harmful animals[f] from the land, and no sword of war[g] will pass through your land. 7 You will pursue your enemies and they will fall before you by the sword.[h]Read full chapter
- Leviticus 26:5 tn Heb “will reach for you the vintage season.”
- Leviticus 26:5 tn Heb “and.” The Hebrew conjunction ו (vav, “and”) can be considered to have resultative force here.
- Leviticus 26:5 tn Heb “to satisfaction”; KJV, ASV, NASB “to the full.”
- Leviticus 26:6 tn Heb “and.” The Hebrew conjunction ו (vav, “and”) can be considered to have resultative force here.
- Leviticus 26:6 tn Heb “and there will be no one who terrifies.” The words “to sleep” have been supplied in the translation for clarity.
- Leviticus 26:6 tn Heb “harmful animal,” singular, but taken here as a collective plural (so almost all English versions).
- Leviticus 26:6 tn Heb “no sword”; the words “of war” are supplied in the translation to indicate what the metaphor of the sword represents.
- Leviticus 26:7 tn Heb “to the sword.”