New English Translation
5 Jair died and was buried in Kamon.
The Lord’s Patience Runs Short
6 The Israelites again did evil in the Lord’s sight.[a] They worshiped[b] the Baals and the Ashtoreths,[c] as well as the gods of Syria, Sidon, Moab, the Ammonites, and the Philistines.[d] They abandoned the Lord and did not worship[e] him. 7 The Lord was furious with Israel[f] and turned them over to[g] the Philistines and Ammonites.Read full chapter
- Judges 10:6 tn Heb “in the eyes of the Lord.”
- Judges 10:6 tn Or “served;” or “followed.”
- Judges 10:6 sn The Ashtoreths were local manifestations of the goddess Astarte.
- Judges 10:6 tn Heb “the gods of Syria, the gods of Sidon, the gods of Moab, the gods of the Ammonites, and the gods of the Philistines.”
- Judges 10:6 tn Or “serve”; or “follow.”
- Judges 10:7 tn Or “the Lord’s anger burned [or “raged”] against Israel.”
- Judges 10:7 tn Heb “sold them into the hands of.”