New English Translation
17 The Babylonians broke the two bronze pillars in the temple of the Lord, as well as the movable stands and the large bronze basin called “The Sea.”[c] They took all the bronze to Babylon. 18 They also took the pots, shovels,[d] trimming shears,[e] basins, pans, and all the bronze utensils used by the priests.[f]Read full chapter
- Jeremiah 52:16 tn Heb “Nebuzaradan, the captain of the royal guard.” However, the subject is clear from the preceding, and modern English style would normally avoid repeating the proper name and title.
- Jeremiah 52:16 tn Heb “poor of the land.”
- Jeremiah 52:17 sn For discussion of the items listed here, see the study notes at Jer 27:19.
- Jeremiah 52:18 sn These shovels were used to clean the altar.
- Jeremiah 52:18 sn These trimming shears were used to trim the wicks of the lamps.
- Jeremiah 52:18 tn Heb “with which they served (or “fulfilled their duty”).”