1599 Geneva Bible
10 ¶ For this is the day of the Lord God of hosts, and a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his enemies: for the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate, and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord God of hosts hath [a]a sacrifice in the North country [b]by the river Perath.
12 The nations have heard of thy shame, and thy cry hath filled the land: for the strong hath stumbled against the strong, and they are fallen both together.Read full chapter
- Jeremiah 46:10 He calleth the slaughter of God’s enemies a sacrifice, because it is a thing that doth please him, Isa. 34:6.
- Jeremiah 46:10 That is, at Carchemish.
- Jeremiah 46:11 For at Gilead did grow most sovereign balm for wounds.
- Jeremiah 46:11 So called, because Egypt had not yet been overcome by the enemy.
- Jeremiah 46:11 He showeth that no salve or medicine can prevail whereas God giveth the wound.