International Standard Version
18 “But as for me, I know their actions and their thoughts. Come[a] and gather all nations and languages, and they will come and see my glory.
19 “I will put up signs[b] among them, and from them I will send survivors to the nations—to Tarshish, Libya,[c] and Lydia,[d] (who draw the bow),[e] to Tubal and Greece,[f] to the far off coastlands that have not heard of my fame or seen my glory. Then they will proclaim my glory among the nations. 20 They will bring all—yes, all!—[g] of your kindred from all the nations to[h] my holy mountain Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord—on horses, in chariots, in wagons, and on mules—yes, even on mules!—[i] and on camels,” says the Lord, “just as the Israelis bring a grain offering in a clean vessel to the Lord’s house.Read full chapter
- Isaiah 66:18 So IQIsaa; MT LXX read I am about to come
- Isaiah 66:19 So IQIsaa LXX; 1QIsab MT read a sign
- Isaiah 66:19 Lit. Put
- Isaiah 66:19 Lit. Lud
- Isaiah 66:19 The Lydians were known for their skills at archery
- Isaiah 66:19 Lit. Javan
- Isaiah 66:20 So 1QIsaa; 1QIsab MT read bring all; LXX reads bring
- Isaiah 66:20 So 1QIsaa LXX; MT reads upon
- Isaiah 66:20 So 1QIsaa; 1QIsab MT LXX lack yes, even on mules!