18 “They have evil thoughts and do evil things, so I am coming to punish them. I will gather all nations and all people. Everyone will be gathered together to see my Glory.[a] 19 I will put a mark on some of the people. I will send some of these saved people to the nations of Tarshish, Libya,[b] Lud[c] (the land of archers), Tubal,[d] Greece, and all the faraway lands. Those people have never heard my teachings. They have never seen my Glory. So the saved people will tell the nations about my glory. 20 And they will bring all your brothers and sisters from those other nations to my holy mountain[e] Jerusalem as an offering to the Lord. Your brothers and sisters will ride on horses, mules, camels, and in chariots and wagons. They will be like the gifts that the Israelites bring on clean plates to the Temple of the Lord.Read full chapter
- Isaiah 66:18 my Glory See “glory” in the Word List.
- Isaiah 66:19 Libya A country in North Africa, west of Egypt.
- Isaiah 66:19 Lud This country was probably in the country that is now western Turkey.
- Isaiah 66:19 Tubal This country was probably in what is now eastern Turkey.
- Isaiah 66:20 my holy mountain This is probably Mount Zion, the mountain Jerusalem is built on.