1599 Geneva Bible
3 Thou shalt also be a [a]crown of glory in the hand of the Lord, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God.
4 It shall no more be said unto thee, [b]Forsaken, neither shall it be said anymore to thy land, Desolate, but thou shalt be called [c]Hephzibah, and thy land [d]Beulah: for the Lord delighteth in thee, and thy land shalt have an [e]husband.
5 For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons [f]marry thee: and as a bridegroom is glad of the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee.Read full chapter
- Isaiah 62:3 He shall esteem thee as dear and precious as a king doth his crown.
- Isaiah 62:4 Thou shalt no more be contemned as a woman forsaken of her husband.
- Isaiah 62:4 Or, my delight in her.
- Isaiah 62:4 Or, married.
- Isaiah 62:4 That it may be replenished with children.
- Isaiah 62:5 Forasmuch as they confess one faith and religion with thee, they are in the same bond of marriage with thee, and they are called the children of the Church, inasmuch as Christ maketh her plentiful to bring forth children unto him.