International Standard Version
4 “Look! You fast only for quarreling, and for[a] fighting,
and for hitting with wicked fists.
You cannot fast as you do today
and have your voice heard on high.
5 “Is this the kind of fast that I have chosen,
merely a day for a person to humble himself?
Is it merely for bowing down one’s head like a bulrush,
for lying[b] on sackcloth and ashes?
Is this what you[c] call a fast,
an[d] acceptable day to the Lord?
6 Isn’t this the[e] fast that[f] I have been choosing:
to loose the bonds of injustice,
and[g] to untie the cords of the yoke,
and[h] to let the oppressed go free,
and to break every yoke?
- Isaiah 58:4 So 1QIsab 1QIsaa; MT LXX lack for
- Isaiah 58:5 So 1QIsaa 1QIsab; MT LXX read and for lying
- Isaiah 58:5 So 1QIsaa 4QIsad LXX (pl.); 1QIsab MT (sing.)
- Isaiah 58:5 So 1QIsaa 1QIsab; MT reads and an
- Isaiah 58:6 So 1QIsaa; 1QIsab MT LXX lack the
- Isaiah 58:6 So 1QIsaa; 1QIsab MT LXX lack that
- Isaiah 58:6 So 1QIsaa; 1QIsab MT LXX lack and
- Isaiah 58:6 So 1QIsaa MT; 1QIsab 4QIsad LXX lack and