International Standard Version
The Exaltation of the Servant
10 “Yet the Lord was willing to crush him,
and he made him suffer.[d]
Although you make his soul an offering for sin,
he[e] will see his offspring,
and[f] he will prolong his days,
and the will of the Lord will triumph in his hand.
11 Out of the suffering of his soul he will see light[g]
and[h] find satisfaction.
And[i] through his knowledge his servant,[j] the righteous one,
will make many righteous,
and he will bear their iniquities.
- Isaiah 53:9 So 1QIsaa; 4QIsad MT read he made; LXX reads I will give
- Isaiah 53:9 So 1QIsaa; 1QIsaa corrector MT read with a rich man
- Isaiah 53:9 So 1QIsaa LXX; MT reads deaths
- Isaiah 53:10 So 1QIsaa; 4QIsad MT read he made him suffer; LXX reads with a blow
- Isaiah 53:10 So MT LXX; 1QIsaa reads And he
- Isaiah 53:10 So 1QIsaa 4QIsad; 1QIsab MT lack and
- Isaiah 53:11 So 1QIsaa 1QIsab 4QIsad LXX; MT reads He will see of the suffering of his soul
- Isaiah 53:11 So 1QIsaa 4QIsad; MT lacks and
- Isaiah 53:11 So 1QIsaa; 4QIsad MT lacks And
- Isaiah 53:11 So 1QIsaa; 4QIsad MT read my servant