The Passion Translation
18 If only you had listened to my commands,
then peace[a] would have flowed like a[b] river for you
and success[c] would wash over you like waves of the sea.
19 Your children would have multiplied
to become like the sand of the seashore[d]
and your descendants like grains of sand.
There would be no end of them,
and I would not cut them off.”
20 Go! Leave Babylon!
Flee from Chaldea!
Announce it with joyous singing![e]
Let everyone know!
Proclaim it to the ends of the earth!
Say it loud and clear:
“Yahweh has rescued his servant Jacob!”
- Isaiah 48:18 Or “prosperity (shalom).”
- Isaiah 48:18 Or “the river.” See John 7:37-39.
- Isaiah 48:18 Or “righteousness.”
- Isaiah 48:19 See Gen. 22:17; 32:12.
- Isaiah 48:20 Or “shouting.” The key to fleeing from the Babylonish (Babylon means “confusion”) systems of the world is to go out with a joyous song. See Jer. 33:7-11.