International Standard Version
13 Moreover, my hands laid[a] the earth’s foundation,
and my right hand spread out the heavens.
I call out to them,
and[b] they stand up together.
14 Let all of them come together and listen:[c]
Who is there among them that could declare[d] these things?
“The Lord loves me,[e]
and he will accomplish[f] my purpose[g] against Babylon;
his arm[h] will be against the Chaldeans.
15 I—Yes, I!—have spoken;
indeed, I’ve called and[i] I’ve brought him,
and he will make his path successful.[j]
- Isaiah 48:13 So 1QIsaa; MT LXX read hand laid
- Isaiah 48:13 So 1QIsaa 4QIsac 4QIsad LXX; MT lacks and
- Isaiah 48:14 So 1QIsaa LXX; 4QIsad MT read Come together, all of you, and listen!
- Isaiah 48:14 So 1QIsaa; 4QIsad MT LXX read has declared
- Isaiah 48:14 So 1QIsaa; 4QIsad MT read him; LXX reads you
- Isaiah 48:14 So 1QIsaa (misspelling carry out); 4QIsad MT read He will carry out; LXX reads I have carried out
- Isaiah 48:14 So 1QIsaa; 4QIsad MT LXXms read his purpose; LXX reads your purpose
- Isaiah 48:14 I.e. the Messiah; so 1QIsaa; MT reads and his arm; LXX reads to do away with the offspring
- Isaiah 48:15 So 1QIsaa; 4QIsad MT read called him; 4QIsac LXX read brought him
- Isaiah 48:15 Or his path will be successful; so 1QIsaa (feminine) and 4QIsad MT (masculine); 4QIsac LXX read I will make his path successful