The Passion Translation
20 Set your gaze on Zion,
the city where we gather for Yahweh’s feasts.[a]
Your eyes will see Jerusalem as a quiet, pleasant place.
It is a secure dwelling, permanent and unmovable,
not like a tabernacle that must be taken down,
pegs pulled up, and transported.
21 Glorious Yahweh will be there for us
in a land with broad rivers and life-giving streams,[b]
where the hostile, majestic ships will not sail.[c]
22 The Lord Yahweh is our Judge, our Lawgiver, and our King;[d]
he will save us completely![e]
- Isaiah 33:20 See Lev. 23; Deut. 16.
- Isaiah 33:21 This points to a restoration of Eden’s paradise. See Gen. 2:10; Ezek. 47:1-12; Acts 3:21.
- Isaiah 33:21 The Hebrew of this clause is uncertain.
- Isaiah 33:22 Isaiah refers to the three forms of Israel’s governmental history: the laws of Moses, the judges, and the kings.
- Isaiah 33:22 See 1 Thess. 5:23.