New English Translation
20 Look at Zion, the city where we hold religious festivals!
You[a] will see Jerusalem,
a peaceful settlement,
a tent that stays put;[b]
its stakes will never be pulled up;
none of its ropes will snap in two.
21 Instead the Lord will rule there as our mighty king.[c]
Rivers and wide streams will flow through it;[d]
no war galley will enter;[e]
no large ships will sail through.[f]
22 For the Lord, our ruler,
the Lord, our commander,
the Lord, our king—
he will deliver us.
- Isaiah 33:20 tn Heb “your eyes” (so NASB, NIV, NRSV).
- Isaiah 33:20 tn Or “that does not travel”; NASB “which shall not be folded.”
- Isaiah 33:21 tn Heb “But there [as] a mighty one [will be] the Lord for us.”
- Isaiah 33:21 tn Heb “a place of rivers, streams wide of hands [i.e., on both sides].”
- Isaiah 33:21 tn Heb “a ship of rowing will not go into it.”
- Isaiah 33:21 tn Heb “and a mighty ship will not pass through it.”