New English Translation
26 For if we deliberately keep on sinning after receiving the knowledge of the truth, no further sacrifice for sins is left for us,[a] 27 but only a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a fury[b] of fire that will consume God’s enemies.[c] 28 Someone who rejected the law of Moses was put to death[d] without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.[e]Read full chapter
- Hebrews 10:26 tn Grk “is left,” with “for us” implied by the first half of the verse.
- Hebrews 10:27 tn Grk “zeal,” recalling God’s jealous protection of his holiness and honor (cf. Exod 20:5).sn An allusion to Zeph 1:18.
- Hebrews 10:27 tn Grk “the enemies.”sn An allusion to Isa 26:11.
- Hebrews 10:28 tn Grk “dies.”
- Hebrews 10:28 sn An allusion to Deut 17:6.