New American Standard Bible
New American Standard Bible
10 and have (A)put on the new self who is being [a](B)renewed to a true knowledge (C)according to the image of the One who (D)created him— 11 a renewal in which (E)there is no distinction between Greek and Jew, (F)circumcised and uncircumcised, [b](G)barbarian, Scythian, (H)slave and freeman, but (I)Christ is all, and in all.
12 So, as those who have been (J)chosen of God, holy and beloved, (K)put on a (L)heart of compassion, kindness, (M)humility, gentleness and [c](N)patience; 13 (O)bearing with one another, and (P)forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; (Q)just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14 Beyond all these things put on love, which is [d](R)the perfect bond of (S)unity. 15 Let (T)the peace of Christ [e]rule in your hearts, to which [f]indeed you were called in (U)one body; and [g]be thankful. 16 Let (V)the word of [h]Christ richly dwell within you, [i]with all wisdom (W)teaching and admonishing [j]one another (X)with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, (Y)singing [k]with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17 (Z)Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, (AA)giving thanks through Him to God the Father.
18 (AB)Wives, (AC)be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. 19 (AD)Husbands, love your wives and do not be embittered against them. 20 (AE)Children, be obedient to your parents in all things, for this is well-pleasing [l]to the Lord. 21 (AF)Fathers, do not exasperate your children, so that they will not lose heart.
22 (AG)Slaves, in all things obey those who are your masters [m]on earth, (AH)not with [n]external service, as those who merely please men, but with sincerity of heart, fearing the Lord. 23 Whatever you do, do your work [o]heartily, (AI)as for the Lord [p]rather than for men, 24 (AJ)knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward [q]of (AK)the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you (AL)serve. 25 For (AM)he who does wrong will receive the consequences of the wrong which he has done, and [r](AN)that without partiality.Read full chapter
- Colossians 3:10 Lit renovated
- Colossians 3:11 I.e. those who were not Greeks, either by birth or by culture
- Colossians 3:12 I.e. forbearance toward others
- Colossians 3:14 Lit the uniting bond of perfection
- Colossians 3:15 Or act as arbiter
- Colossians 3:15 Lit also
- Colossians 3:15 Or show yourselves thankful
- Colossians 3:16 One early ms reads the Lord
- Colossians 3:16 Or in
- Colossians 3:16 Or one another, singing with psalms...
- Colossians 3:16 Or by; lit in His grace
- Colossians 3:20 Lit in
- Colossians 3:22 Lit according to the flesh
- Colossians 3:22 Lit eyeservice
- Colossians 3:23 Lit from the soul
- Colossians 3:23 Lit and not
- Colossians 3:24 I.e. consisting of
- Colossians 3:25 Lit there is no partiality