New English Translation
13 For those who are circumcised do not obey the law themselves, but they want you to be circumcised so that they can boast about your flesh.[a] 14 But may I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which[b] the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 15 For[c] neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for[d] anything; the only thing that matters is a new creation![e]Read full chapter
- Galatians 6:13 tn Or “boast about you in external matters,” “in the outward rite” (cf. v. 12).
- Galatians 6:14 tn Or perhaps, “through whom,” referring to the Lord Jesus Christ rather than the cross.
- Galatians 6:15 tc The phrase “in Christ Jesus” is found after “For” in some mss (א A C D F G 0278 1881 2464 M lat bo), but lacking in P46 B Ψ 33 1175 1505 1739* and several fathers. The longer reading probably represents a scribal harmonization to Gal 5:6.
- Galatians 6:15 tn Grk “is.”
- Galatians 6:15 tn Grk “but a new creation”; the words “the only thing that matters” have been supplied to reflect the implied contrast with the previous clause (see also Gal 5:6).