New English Translation
19 In my zeal, in the fire of my fury,[a] I declare that on that day there will be a great earthquake[b] in the land of Israel. 20 The fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the wild beasts, all the things that creep on the ground, and all people who live on the face of the earth will shake[c] at my presence. The mountains will topple, the cliffs[d] will fall, and every wall will fall to the ground. 21 I will call for a sword to attack[e] Gog[f] on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign Lord; every man’s sword will be against his brother.Read full chapter
- Ezekiel 38:19 sn The phrase “in the fire of my fury” occurs in Ezek 21:31 and 22:21, 31.
- Ezekiel 38:19 tn Or “shaking.”
- Ezekiel 38:20 tn Or “tremble.”
- Ezekiel 38:20 tn The term occurs only here and in Song of Songs 2:14.
- Ezekiel 38:21 tn Heb “against.”
- Ezekiel 38:21 tn Heb “him”; the referent (Gog, cf. v. 18) has been specified in the translation for clarity.