New English Translation
12 “At that time Michael,
the great prince who watches over your people,[a]
There will be a time of distress
unlike any other from the nation’s beginning[c]
up to that time.
But at that time your own people,
all those whose names are[d] found written in the book,
2 Many of those who sleep
in the dusty ground will awake—
some to everlasting life,
and others to shame and everlasting abhorrence.[e]
- Daniel 12:1 tn Heb “stands over the sons of your people.”
- Daniel 12:1 tn Heb “will stand up.”
- Daniel 12:1 tn Or “from the beginning of a nation.”
- Daniel 12:1 tn The words “whose names are” are added in the translation for stylistic reasons and for clarification.
- Daniel 12:2 sn This verse is the only undisputed reference to a literal resurrection found in the Hebrew Bible.