Lexham English Bible
22 And Moses was educated in all the wisdom of the Egyptians, and was powerful in his words and deeds.
23 “But when he was forty years old,[a] it entered in his heart to visit his brothers, the sons of Israel. 24 And when he[b] saw one of them being unjustly harmed, he defended him[c] and avenged[d] the one who had been oppressed by[e] striking down the Egyptian.Read full chapter
- Acts 7:23 Literally “a period of time of forty years was fulfilled for him”
- Acts 7:24 Here “when” is supplied as a component of the participle (“saw”) which is understood as temporal
- Acts 7:24 Here the direct object is supplied from context in the English translation
- Acts 7:24 Literally “produced vengeance for”
- Acts 7:24 Here “by” is supplied as a component of the participle (“striking down”) which is understood as means