2 Kings 10:16-18
New English Translation
16 Jehu[a] said, “Come with me and see how zealous I am for the Lord’s cause.”[b] So he[c] took him along in his chariot. 17 He went to Samaria and killed each of Ahab’s remaining family members who were in Samaria until he destroyed them,[d] in keeping with the Lord’s message which he had announced to Elijah.
Jehu Executes the Prophets and Priests of BaalRead full chapter
- 2 Kings 10:16 tn Heb “he”; the referent (Jehu) has been specified in the translation for clarity.
- 2 Kings 10:16 tn Heb “and see my zeal for the Lord.”
- 2 Kings 10:16 tc The MT has a plural form, but this is most likely an error. The LXX, Syriac Peshitta, and Vulgate all have the singular.
- 2 Kings 10:17 tn Heb “him.” The pronoun refers to Ahab who represents his entire family.
- 2 Kings 10:18 tn Or “served.
- 2 Kings 10:18 tn Or “serve.”
- 2 Kings 10:18 tn Heb “much” or “greatly.”