2 Chronicles 3:2-4
Modern English Version
3 These are the foundation measurements that Solomon used for building the house of God. The cubit[c] length in the former standard measure was sixty cubits and the width twenty cubits.[d] 4 The porch vestibule that was in front of the nave hall had its length, like the width of the house, as twenty cubits,[e] and its height was one hundred and twenty cubits;[f] and he overlaid the inside with pure gold.Read full chapter
- 2 Chronicles 3:2 Ziv or Iyyar in the Hebrew calendar.
- 2 Chronicles 3:2 April or May in 966 BC.
- 2 Chronicles 3:3 The Egyptian cubit had a royal measure of 20.6 inches (52.3cm) and a commercial measure of 17.6 inches (44.7 cm). The cubit standards in Egypt and Mesopotamia were slightly different.
- 2 Chronicles 3:3 About 90 feet long and 30 feet wide, or 27 meters long and 9 meters wide.
- 2 Chronicles 3:4 About 30 feet, or 9 meters; and in vv. 8, 11, and 13.
- 2 Chronicles 3:4 About 180 feet, or 54 meters.