2 Chronicles 1:13-15
New English Translation
13 Solomon left the meeting tent at the worship center in Gibeon and went to Jerusalem, where he reigned over Israel.[a]
14 Solomon accumulated[b] chariots and horses. He had 1,400 chariots and 12,000 horses . He kept them in assigned cities and in Jerusalem.[c] 15 The king made silver and gold as plentiful[d] in Jerusalem as stones; cedar was[e] as plentiful as sycamore fig trees are in the foothills.[f]Read full chapter
- 2 Chronicles 1:13 tn Heb “and Solomon came from the high place which was in Gibeon [to] Jerusalem, from before the tent of meeting, and he reigned over Israel.”
- 2 Chronicles 1:14 tn Or “gathered.”
- 2 Chronicles 1:14 tn Heb “he placed them in the chariot cities and with the king in Jerusalem.”
- 2 Chronicles 1:15 tn The words “as plentiful” are supplied in the translation for clarification.
- 2 Chronicles 1:15 tn Heb “he made.”
- 2 Chronicles 1:15 sn The foothills (שְׁפֵלָה, shephelah) are the region between the Judean hill country and the Mediterranean coastal plain.