1 Chronicles 25:1-6
New King James Version
25 Moreover David and the captains of the army separated for the service some of the sons of (A)Asaph, of Heman, and of Jeduthun, who should prophesy with harps, stringed instruments, and cymbals. And the number of the skilled men performing their service was: 2 Of the sons of Asaph: Zaccur, Joseph, Nethaniah, and [a]Asharelah; the sons of Asaph were [b]under the direction of Asaph, who prophesied according to the order of the king. 3 Of (B)Jeduthun, the sons of Jeduthun: Gedaliah, [c]Zeri, Jeshaiah, [d]Shimei, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, [e]six, under the direction of their father Jeduthun, who prophesied with a harp to give thanks and to praise the Lord. 4 Of Heman, the sons of Heman: Bukkiah, Mattaniah, [f]Uzziel, [g]Shebuel, [h]Jerimoth, Hananiah, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti, Romamti-Ezer, Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir, and Mahazioth. 5 All these were the sons of Heman the king’s seer in the words of God, to [i]exalt his (C)horn. For God gave Heman fourteen sons and three daughters.
6 All these were under the direction of their father for the music in the house of the Lord, with cymbals, stringed instruments, and (D)harps, for the service of the house of God. Asaph, Jeduthun, and Heman were (E)under the authority of the king.Read full chapter
- 1 Chronicles 25:2 Jesharelah, v. 14
- 1 Chronicles 25:2 Lit. at the hands of
- 1 Chronicles 25:3 Jizri, v. 11
- 1 Chronicles 25:3 So with one Heb. ms., LXX mss.
- 1 Chronicles 25:3 Shimei is the sixth, v. 17
- 1 Chronicles 25:4 Azarel, v. 18
- 1 Chronicles 25:4 Shubael, v. 20
- 1 Chronicles 25:4 Jeremoth, v. 22
- 1 Chronicles 25:5 Increase his power or influence