1 Peter 3:19-21
Disciples’ Literal New Testament
19 ... by Whom[a] also[b] having gone, He proclaimed[c] to the spirits[d] in prison— 20 ones having disobeyed formerly when the patience of God was waiting in the days of Noah while an ark was being prepared,
... in which a few (that is, eight souls) were brought-safely through the water,
21 ... which[e] also as to you a corresponding-thing[f] now saves— baptism (not a putting-off [g] of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal[h] to God for[i] a good conscience) through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,Read full chapter
- 1 Peter 3:19 That is, the Spirit. Or, in which. That is, in His spirit; or, in the state of being dead in the flesh but alive in spirit.
- 1 Peter 3:19 Or even; that is, by Whom having gone, He even proclaimed.
- 1 Peter 3:19 Or, made a proclamation.
- 1 Peter 3:19 That is, people; or, angels.
- 1 Peter 3:21 That is, which event (Noah being brought safely through the water); or, which water.
- 1 Peter 3:21 Or, a fulfillment; or, a reflection, echo, copy.
- 1 Peter 3:21 Or, removal.
- 1 Peter 3:21 Or, request. Or, pledge, answer; that is, the pledge to keep a good conscience toward God, or, the pledge to God from a good conscience.
- 1 Peter 3:21 Or, from.