1 Peter 2:24-25
The Passion Translation
24 He himself carried our sins[a] in his body on the cross[b] so that we would be dead to sin[c] and live for righteousness. Our instant healing flowed from his wounding.[d] 25 You were like sheep that continually wandered away,[e] but now you have returned to the true Shepherd of your lives—the kind Guardian who lovingly watches over your souls.Read full chapter
- 1 Peter 2:24 See Isa. 53:4, 12.
- 1 Peter 2:24 Or “the tree.”
- 1 Peter 2:24 The Greek word apoginomai, a hapax legomenon, means “to die” or “die to something.” Although not the usual word for “to die,” Peter is using this metaphorically for “dying to sin.”
- 1 Peter 2:24 This healing includes the body, soul, and emotions. It was fulfilled in two ways: first, by the healing ministry of Jesus, and second, by the blood of Christ’s wounds. See Matt. 8:16-17; Isa. 53:5.
- 1 Peter 2:25 See Isa. 53:6.