1 Chronicles 9:34-44
New International Version
34 All these were heads of Levite families, chiefs as listed in their genealogy, and they lived in Jerusalem.
The Genealogy of Saul(A)
His wife’s name was Maakah, 36 and his firstborn son was Abdon, followed by Zur, Kish, Baal, Ner, Nadab, 37 Gedor, Ahio, Zechariah and Mikloth. 38 Mikloth was the father of Shimeam. They too lived near their relatives in Jerusalem.
40 The son of Jonathan:
41 The sons of Micah:
Pithon, Melek, Tahrea and Ahaz.[d]
42 Ahaz was the father of Jadah, Jadah[e] was the father of Alemeth, Azmaveth and Zimri, and Zimri was the father of Moza. 43 Moza was the father of Binea; Rephaiah was his son, Eleasah his son and Azel his son.
44 Azel had six sons, and these were their names:
Azrikam, Bokeru, Ishmael, Sheariah, Obadiah and Hanan. These were the sons of Azel.
- 1 Chronicles 9:35 Father may mean civic leader or military leader.
- 1 Chronicles 9:39 Also known as Ish-Bosheth
- 1 Chronicles 9:40 Also known as Mephibosheth
- 1 Chronicles 9:41 Vulgate and Syriac (see also Septuagint and 8:35); Hebrew does not have and Ahaz.
- 1 Chronicles 9:42 Some Hebrew manuscripts and Septuagint (see also 8:36); most Hebrew manuscripts Jarah, Jarah